Multan Sultans are no longer owned by Ali Khan Tareen as Alamgir Tareen is now the only holder of the greenish-blue jerseys.
The franchise came into existence in 2018 and since then, the side’s ownership was partnered by Ali-Alamgir and a few authoritative persons.
One of the notable journalists, Umar Farooq Kalson posted on his Twitter that, “BREAKING NEWS: The Multan Sultans ownership consortium has been broken. Alamgir Tareen has taken over complete ownership of the franchise, with Ali Tareen no longer with the franchise in any capacity”
Why Ali Khan Tareen has quit Multan Sultan’s ownership?
BREAKING NEWS: The Multan Sultans ownership consortium has been broken. Alamgir Tareen has taken over complete ownership of the franchise, with Ali Tareen no longer with the franchise in any capacity. #PSL6— Umar Farooq Kalson (@kalson) February 17, 2021
However, the reason is not known yet. The news circulates on social forums but no post hints at the actual reason for the broken ownership.
Notably, MS are scheduled to play their inaugural game against Islamabad United on 21st February at National Stadium Karachi. Posted below is the complete squad for MS:
- Platinum: Shahid Afridi, Rilee Rossouw, Chris Lynn
- Diamond: Sohail Tanvir, Imran Tahir, Khushdil Shah
- Gold: Shan Masood, James Vince, Usman Qadir
- Silver: Sohail Khan, Mohammad Rizwan, Sohaib Maqsood, Shoaibullah, Adam Lyth
- Supplementary: Imran Khan Sr, Carlos Braithwaite
- Emerging: Shahnawaz Dhani, Mohammad Umar