Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi will lock horns with each other in the match 19th of the sixth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL 2021). As discussed earlier, the remainder of the season will be winded up in a singular UAE venue named Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed Stadium.
Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi, Match details, Preview, Prediction
Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi, match 19
Match day: Saturay
Match Time: 9:00 PM PST, 8:00 PM GMT
Venue: Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium
Pitch & Weather report:
- 33 Degrees Celsius when the game initiates. No major changes with progression
- No chances of rain
- The wind will blow at around 15-17 km/hour
- Abu Dhabi pitch is known to be equally beneficial for both; batters and bowlers. From what has been analyzed by the matches of Abu Dhabi leg yet, the team batting first should be restricted below 150 or it can be a hard task for the chasing team to complete a target of over 150
- We saw in KK vs MS and LQ vs PZ, both; KK and PZ being the chasing teams in their respective encounters lost whereas, in IU vs LQ and IU vs QG matches, LQ and QG have won respectively as they comfortably chased the targets of under 150
- Spinners and Fast bowlers will equally be favored. However, spinners, for example, Rashid Khan, look to have an edge
The struggling Gladiators lay on the end of the PSL 6 points table. Despite trying hard, they have won the single game out of six. Beginning their Abu Dhabi leg journey of the extravaganza, they lost the inaugural match versus Islamabad United. They will be featuring in the second game of the Abu Dhabi leg with high hopes to win the overall second game.
On the other hand, Zalmi stand at the midpoint as they have accomplished three out of six games. The efforts place them third on the points table. Notably, beginning their journey in the ongoing phase of the league, they at first lost to Lahore Qalandars while chasing 171 runs. What lacked during the PZ vs LQ game was a team effort as things were looking in their hands during Shoaib Malik’s bombastic inning.
Quetta Gladiators: Faf Du Plessis, Cameron Delport, Jake Weatherald, Saim Ayub, Azam Khan, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Usman Khan, Abdul Nasir, Ander Russell, Jack Wildermuth, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Khan Shinwari, Zahid Mehmood, Zahir Khan, Anwar Ali, Arish Ali Khan, Hassan Khan, Khurram Shehzad
Peshawar Zalmi: Hazratullah Zazai, Haider Ali, David Miller, Rovman Powell, Imam ul Haq, Sherfane Rutherford, Amad Butt, Fabian Allen, Mohammad Imran, Shoaib Malik, Bismillah Khan, Umaid Asif, Fidel Edwards, Mohammad Amir Khan, Mohammad Irfan, Waqar Salamkheil, Wahab Riaz, Abrar Ahmed, Kamran Akmal
Predicted playing XI:
QG: Usman Khan, Faf Du Plessis, Cameron Delport, Saim Ayub, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Andre Rusell, Jack Wildermuth, Zahid Mehmood, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Hasnain
PZ: Kamran Akmal, Imam ul Haq, Shoaib Malik, Rovman Powell, Sherfane Rutherford, David Miller, Fabian Allen, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Imran, Mohammad Irfan