The match eighteenth of the Pakistan Super League (PSL 2021) is to witness two times PSL champions, Islamabad United, and Sarfaraz-led team, Quetta Gladiators, as the contestants at Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed Stadium on Friday.
Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators Match details, Preview, Prediction
Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators, match 18
Match day: Friday
Match Time: 9:00 PM PST, 8:00 PM GMT
Venue: Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium
Pitch & Weather report:
- 36 Degrees Celsius when the game initiates and will probably remain the same with no major changes with the progression
- No chances of rain
- The wind will blow at around 15-17 km/hour
- Abu Dhabi pitch is known to be equally beneficial for both; batters and bowlers but the latest encounter between Karachi Kings and Multan Sultans has contemplated distortions for the chasing team in their batting duration.
- The team batting second might suffer
- Spinners and Fast bowlers will equally be favored; however, if it is dew in the darkness, spinners might struggle more as compare to the pacers
Gladiators are going to feature in their first encounter of the Abu Dhabi leg. In Karachi’s leg, they have been struggling immensely, winning one out of five matches. Hence, IU vs QG, match 18 is going to be a critical opportunity that must be utilized by Sarfaraz and co or else they will have to go through serious blows to be qualified for the playoffs.
On the other hand, United looks pretty decent despite a few captaincy blunders under Shadab Khan. Overall, they have won five out of three matches as they lost their last played match versus Qalandars amidst some poor decisions in the dead overs.
Islamabad United: Asif Ali, Colin Munro, Brandon King, Umar Amin, Usman Khawaja, Faheem Ashraf, Hussain Talat, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Akhlaq, Rohail Nazir, Ahmed Safi Abdullah, Akif Javed, Ali Khan, Fawad Ahmed, Hasan Ali, Zeeshan Zameer, Musa Khan, Mohammad Wasim, Zafar Gohar
Quetta Gladiators: Faf Du Plessis, Cameron Delport, Jake Weatherald, Saim Ayub, Azam Khan, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Usman Khan, Abdul Nasir, Ander Russell, Jack Wildermuth, Mohammad Nawaz, Anwar Ali, Arish Ali Khan, Hassan Khan, Khurram Shehzad, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Khan Shinwari, Zahid Mehmood, Zahir Khan
Predicted playing XI:
IU: Colin Munro, Usman Khawaja, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Rohail Nazir, Husain Talat, Asif Ali, Akif Javed, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Fawad Ahmed
QG: Usman Khan, Faf Du Plessis, Cameron Delport, Saim Ayub, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Andre Rusell, Jack Wildermuth, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Hasnain, Zahid Mehmood