Ehsan Adil, an international Pakistan cricketer is a right-arm fast bowler. The player has represented Pakistan internationally and in domestic, first-class cricket. He has been a part of the Habib Bank Limited team, Faislabad Wolves, and U-19 cricket team.
Notably, the bowler got a chance in Pakistan’s international men’s cricket team and made his way in three tests, six ODIs, picking 5 and 4 wickets respectively in the formats.
Cricketholic has interviewed the rising star and asked a few questions. Here is a list of questions along with Adil’s answers.
1) Who was behind your success at the U-19 CWC 2012 in Australia?
In U-19, the prayers of my beloved and my hard-work were behind my success. I was dedicated to the tournament to a limitless extent.
Notably, he picked 8 wickets at an average of 18, which is 2nd best by a Pakistani pacer in the tournament
2) Pak U-19 were struggling at 98-8, What was in your mind when you sent to bat against India U-19 in the QF of U-19 CWC?
Although I tried to give the strike as much as I could to the batting partner after he went, I tried to play my natural game.
3) Do you remember any funny incident during the 2012 U-19 CWC that you still remember?
Remembering one of the comic moments during U-19, he has mentioned the game against Australia
The bowler abused me when I smashed a six on his second bounder. Zia came to me and thanked God saying it would have been a battle if we would have interpreted English.
4) In your maiden first-class season in 2012-2013 with HBL, took 6 wickets in the very first game and finished as the second-highest wicket-taker in the president trophy. Share your successful 2012-2013 Domestic journey with us
His journey has been exceptional and the skills have paid him out. On the suggestions of many coaches, he followed his bowling line length consistently and picked six wickets in the first match.
On suggestions of the veterans, I remained consistent on my bowling length that came out to be fruitful.
5) You have picked 9 five wickets hauls in first-class cricket. Which one is memorable for you?
The cricketer has been exceptional in first-class cricket. When his team played against Port Qasim, he grabbed a nine-wicket haul. He cannot forget when he picked four early wickets but the fifth one made him wait.
The encounter with Port Qasim in first-class is memorable for me as I clinched first 4 back-to-back wickets with smaller intervals whereas the fifth wicket came too late.
6) How memorable was Graeme Smith’s wicket for you as you dismissed him in your 3rd ball in international cricket?
I do not have statements to denote my sentiments on the matter. Contesting international cricket and representing the motherland is a goal of everyone. I sensed greatness grabbing Smith on just the third delivery.
7) You got the wickets of Andre Russell, Ahmed Shehzad, Asif Ali, Kumar Sangakkara, Mohammad Nawaz, Sarfaraz Ahmed & Shane Watson in PSL. Which one is your favorite wicket and why?
Ehsan Adil notably grabbed many sensational wickets but Kumar Sangakkara’s wicket will remain his favorite as he planned on him to grab in the match.
Sangakkara’s wicket is my favorite as targeting him was pre-planned.
8) Which of the following is the best find for Central Punjab in this season A) Ali Zaryab Asif B) Qasim Akram
He was given several options from CP and he ended up naming Qasim Akram.
Qasim Akram of Central Punjab is the best find yet
9) After 3 defeats and 1 drawn game in the first 4 games of Quaid e Azam trophy 2020, what are the main reasons Central Punjab looks like a completely different team and what do you think this momentum will help the team in the upcoming Pakistan Cup ODI Tournament?
Notably, CP lost back-to-back matches and got stable after the fifth stage as Hasan Ali was named their captain. The side beat Southern Punjab and moved to the final to play with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under Hasan’s leading.
Hasan Ali and his energetic leading tricks on the field is the major reason behind our success.
10) Who is your role model in cricket?
Adoring the winning captain of the 1992 World Cup, Ehsan said that he has been following Imran since his childhood and will be continuing to remain his role model in cricket.
Imran Khan, as I am following his leadership skills since childhood.
We also asked some back to back questions to Ehsan Adil. The questions of the Rapid Fire were: 1. Best right arm pacer in Pakistan right now 2. All-time favorite movie 3. PSL or National T20 4. Bowling in red-ball cricket or bowling in white-ball cricket 5. Favorite Desi Food
Here are his answers:
Best right arm pacer in Pakistan right now: Mohammad Abbas
All-time favorite movie: PK
PSL or National T20: PSL
Bowling in red-ball cricket or bowling in white-ball cricket: Red-ball cricket
Favorite Desi food: Lamb Karhai